Monday, March 23, 2009

Flammable water pours from faucets in Colorado home

FORT LUPTON, Colo. - A family here is living in fear that their house could go up in flames at any moment.
Amee Ellsworth of Fort Lupton can turn on a faucet in her kitchen or bathroom, light a match and watch as flames shoot out because natural gas from nearby wells has seeped into her groundwater supply.
Officials from the Colorado Oil and Gas Conservation Commission say the gas is likely leaking from one of eight nearby wells, but they are not sure which one, nor are they even sure which of the two companies operating in the area - Anadarko Petroleum or Noble Energy - own it.
We just hope someone has warned her not to smoke while she’s sitting on the pottie.

No comments:

Post a Comment